There’s a rumbling outside and I’ve been debating for the past few minutes on whether it is a looming thunderstorm or just a volcano making some ruckus. Loving how things like that are even options here.
At any rate, my epic adventure in Panama has now passed with a blur. It literally was just 5 straight days of awesomeness: snorkeling and swimming with fish (including jellyfish, eeks!) by day, and insane Jersey Shore-esque drinking marathons by night. I returned to San Joaquin, Costa Rica late Sunday afternoon, and have been detoxing ever since.
I have a plethora of stories to share, but considering several of them somehow involve very illegal things and other non-illegal but still very inappropriate things, I feel I must — for once — censor myself. I do, however, have several pictures to show off!
Accompanied by several Panamanian children we met at the border.
I did manage to accomplish the following in Panama:
- Attain free beer at the border (in what manner, I will not say…LOL)
- Drunkenly jump into the Caribbean in my underwear
- Get stung by a small, innocent jellyfish (I say innocent because there did not appear to be any serious harmful effects from it)
- Barter down every vendor I performed transactions with, saving roughly $6 on the few souvenirs I purchased
- Meet a handful of people from all over the world, including Canada, UK, Germany, Cuba, and more
- Jump off the roof of a bar (Aqua Lounge = AWESOME) and into the sea (greatest accomplishment of the list, I must say)
- Snorkel with some of the most colorful fish I’d ever seen (except in Finding Nemo)
- All these, amongst others…