It feels like years since I’ve last blogged. But it hasn’t, it’s only been about 4 months.
What has happened since then, you ask?
- I moved to a new house. Or rather, my parents moved to a new house and I followed. It’s in the same town, so nothing too drastic. Except now instead of the awesome dark teal room I’d enjoyed the past 6 years, I got stuck with a very vibrant pink room. Safe to say it does not match my tomboy personality. But I’ve grown accustomed to it (and as you can see from my newest theme, the pink has gradually made its way onto this blog).
- I went to the Kentucky Derby for the very first time. Didn’t bet a dime, got all my clothes soaking wet in the monsoon rain, and happily watched as everyone around me in the infamous infield got supremely wasted and passed out in the mud. I also got pretty inebriated myself, but thankfully I did not pass out in the mud. Fun times.
- We also went to the Mammoth Cave National Park the day after the Derby. And ziplined!
- I quit my part-time retail gig. It was a pretty momentous occasion. Now I’m working only 40 hours a week at an office job like a normal person. The free time has graciously allowed me to return to this blog.
- I got rejected for a promotion at my full-time job. But then at my performance review shortly after, I got a raise. So in the end everything was alright.
- I introduced my boyfriend to the parents. While it sounds momentous in name, in actuality it really wasn’t. My dad briefly chatted with him outside while he (my dad) was grilling, but we all went our separate ways as the boy and I went to the 4th of July festival and my parents headed to the casino (where else would middle-aged Asian parents go on such a holiday?).
- I SAW JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE AND JAY Z (WHO KNEW HE DIDN’T HAVE A HYPHEN ANYMORE?) IN CONCERT AT SOLDIER FIELD. IT WAS EPIC. (I’ll have to blog more about it in detail later.)
And that is what’s been happening in a nutshell. There is actually way more I should add to the list, but alas it is near my bedtime so I gotta wrap it up. I’ll conclude by gleefully noting that I am heading to New York City on Thursday for a weekend reunion with college friends. IT’S GOING TO BE FUN.