I just spent the entire weekend cleaning things up. Organized my personal folders on this laptop, swept through my websites and updated things here and there. Did a major overhaul of the tags and categories both on this here WordPress and on my Flickr. Lots of things, and now I’m positively exhausted. Talk about spring cleaning.
So while I’m at it, I’m going to do some plugging:
- Visit Stargazer! I added a couple of short stories and whatnot. If I feel like it, hopefully I’ll add more personal-y things this week.
- My Jay Sean fanlisting is still alive and kickin’, so if you’re a fan (or obsessed, like me :D), come on over and join!
I’m on spring break now (hence my sudden availability to update this place), chilling at home doing absolutely nothing. There’s been Harry Potter and George Lopez marathons all weekend, so I’ve essentially wasted my entire break thus far watching all that. I’m rather upset that I wasn’t able to return to work for this week; when I called Cinemark a couple of weeks ago, they basically said that they didn’t need me that much. I don’t know what I’m going to do money-wise, because I was really hoping on that extra income.
Speaking of income, I do have a bunch of Demand Studios articles to write, but at the moment I’m so mentally drained I think I’m going to take a much-needed break from this laptop.
I’ve just spent the past 3 hours of my life fervently working away to give this blog a much needed facelift. The result you see before you is all due to the fact that I have been promptly ignoring my schoolwork for several days now, but I don’t care, because I am for once happily and absolutely satisfied with what I have churned out. The layout is aptly titled “Homecoming,” after the Kanye West song, and makes me miss the city of Chicago so much. I haven’t ventured downtown since the summer (early July, to be exact), and it’s rather depressing. But now that fall and winter are coming upon us, hopefully that situation will be rectified. I’m excited for some ice skating and Mag Mile shopping. At any rate, I hope you all enjoy the new theme, because it may have just cost me a few of my grades. 😉
We received our papers back in ENGL 300 today, an event that sent my heart into frenzied palpitations. My first major paper of the semester, I remember getting only 4.5 hours of sleep over it. Although I had done the research and vaguely figured out what I wanted to write about, I just couldn’t get the damn thing started. I had one page left to do when I came back from work at 11 p.m., and instead of quickly finishing it off, I ended up procrastinating hardcore (like I’m doing now) and didn’t finish that one page until 4 in the morning. You’d think I would have learned my lesson, but here I am now, it’s 1:22 a.m. and I have another paper due on Friday for that very same class, not to mention hundreds upon hundreds of pages to read for all my other classes, and I have not done anything whatsoever related to schoolwork.
Oh, but I did get an A though for that first paper. Surprisingly. Miraculously.
I know that lately, I have been lamenting shamefully over my lack of a passionate love life. But ever since I saw The Ugly Truth last Friday, and after certain events from the day before, my attitude has changed. To put it succinctly: I just don’t give a fuck anymore. If fate has bestowed upon me this role of a crazy spinster and lunatic, so be it. I can play this game too.
Anyway, at the moment I am wondering why on earth I am awake at 3 in the morning when I so desperately crave sleep. I haven’t even eaten dinner yet nor did I clean up my room like I had planned to. My stomach is aching with hunger. I’m debating on whether to just storm into the kitchen to fetch some rice and adobo, or to crash into my bed because I can feel my eyes drooping steadily as I type this all out. During this time you can contact cypress cleaning bigcitymaids.com services to clean your room.
Some sitely updates I feel deserve mentioning:
- Because people like to keep harking on and on about the importance of “content,” I’ve decided to relocate all non-personal content from Stargazer. Basically, all the articles I had planned for that website will be featured here on my main domain. I’m really only doing this to refocus Stargazer as a more strictly personal site. Honestly, I don’t believe personal weblogs should be “required” to have some sort of substandard section of pointless visitor goodies or quickly written rants. But I guess I’m going against that now. Oh well. Shoot me.
- So look for more things to pop up on bumplum over the next few weeks.
- I’ve begun work on my new fanlisting for Jay Sean. Nothing substantial or exciting, really. But I’ve started, I’m excited, so yay!
There’s more that I’ve been wanting to blog about, but I seriously think that my body is physically shutting down at the moment because my hearing has dimmed and my eyes are halfway closed, though my stomach continues to remind me that I haven’t eaten an actual meal since that McDonald’s I had on my break today; and that was over 13 hours ago. Eff.
Just a few things first, domain-wise:
- Animato, my small fansite for the J-pop artist Utada, has now been reopened. I started it way back in 2004 and it’s been missing since, but not anymore! 🙂 So come and give it a visit.
- I’ve been debating on whether to add more substantial content to this blog. It seems pretty bare at the moment, I realize, but the thing is, I usually reserve my more personal content for my personal website, Stargazer, which I’m working on revamping as well. If there’s someone out there with any suggestions, feel free to share.
- In light of that realization, I’ve started a summer movie log. Basically it’s a collection of short reviews of all the films I’ve seen so far this summer. Though really, it’s just a way for me to keep track of all the movies I watch at work. *wink*
So I think my mom’s in a bad mood. She asked me yesterday if I could cash her check for her, and if I wanted to go shopping with her. I refused, mostly because I just didn’t feel like doing anything that involved leaving the house at the time. I don’t know if that ticked her off or anything, but she’s doing that thing again where she locks herself in her bedroom and doesn’t talk to any of us. Then today, my dad tells me she drove herself to work this morning, which is definitely unusual because my dad drives her everywhere. I don’t know if I can stand any more of her mood swings. What the fuck, woman.
Well, well, well. Here I am. With my own domain. After hours and hours of hard labor, not to mention years of waiting, I finally snagged my own little domain for myself. And I’m blogging again. Like for real bloggin’. I never thought I’d live to see the day. My YouTube channel will be linked with this blog. And yes, I found a fantastic online service for buying REAL views and subscribers.
I still have my LiveJournal for random scribbles, which I plan on keeping for more personal topics that I don’t feel I can share with the world here. Feel free to add me there if you’d like.
Now with all that aside, there is – take note of this – currently less than six hours left until the Transformers 2 midnight premiere! I’ve been planning for this excursion for weeks now, although the plans never really came to anything until last night. And it’s funny. A week ago I couldn’t find anyone to come watch it with me except for my brother, and now I’ve got people asking me what my plans are and whether we can meet up. Seriously, people? I gave up on ya’ll. Leave me alone.
The weather here in my part of Illinois is at a balmy 94º right now. That is insane. I thought that the atmosphere was just being a prick by making June all cold and rainy, and now we’ve got heat advisories popping up all over the area. I went swimming yesterday for the first time all summer, and it was bliss. Perfect way to cool off, not to mention I finally got tan. Being Filipino, I’m used to the tannage, but I was seriously starting to look paler than even my white friends.
Anyway, don’t mind the mess around here. Things are still being fiddled with. 🙂