It has been quite the past few days

What a last-week-in-Costa-Rica it’s been.

Tuesday night I got into a verbal altercation with another member of my group. I don’t care if people think if I’m being bitchy or whiny about something trivial (like a certain bar tab), but if I dislike someone that intensely I ain’t holdin’ back and will let my mouth, drunk or sober, run its profanity-filled course. It was so satisfying, and I will not hesitate again to get into this person’s face again should the occasion arise.

Another story. On Wednesday night, while I was walking home from the bus stop sometime after 10 p.m., a car stopped at at the 3-way intersection I was approaching. A man got out of the driver’s side, which I didn’t really register…until I noticed he was not wearing a shirt. I kept walking anyways, then noticed that the man was completely naked. Saw the dude, who must’ve been trippin’ on something, in all his glory. Oh, Costa Rica.

Later that night, I was sitting on my bed tapping away at this laptop per usual. Sometime after 11, the doorbell rang. I froze, being unable to think of a reason why someone would be calling at our door so late (my family typically goes to sleep before 10) (and for a split second, I thought it was the naked man from earlier). A few minutes later, someone begins knocking on my window. First of all, my bed is up against the window. I’m literally sitting about a foot away from it. I could’ve sworn my heart stopped beating for the 5 minutes that this person was banging on my window. I didn’t answer the person for so long, even though I assumed he could probably see me through my curtains. It ended up being my older host brother, who smirked at me and was all like, “Why were you scared?”

Thursday night was a night of epic proportions. It was Ladies Night (they REALLY need to start implementing these in the United States) at La Birreria, and my girl friends and I happened across a great variety of men there, including some from my past 4 months here (eeks!). There were even male go-go dancers there, which I thoroughly enjoyed. They were the last thing I remembered before blacking out and throwing up all over the floor. How I managed to not get thrown out is beyond me. To make things even more insane, after puking I ended up dancing atop a bar with a bartender, while another bartender continued to pour tequila straight from the bottle down my throat. And the partying didn’t stop there — after Birreria closed at 3 a.m., we hopped a taxi to Miraflores and met up with several local friends. By the time we finally hailed a taxi home, the sun was already up. When I finally got home, my host mother was wide awake and on her way to her morning walk. A “Buenos dias!” later, I finally hit the sack at 6 a.m. From 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Definitely don’t think I have it in me to do that again LOL.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *