There’s a rumbling outside and I’ve been debating for the past few minutes on whether it is a looming thunderstorm or just a volcano making some ruckus. Loving how things like that are even options here.
At any rate, my epic adventure in Panama has now passed with a blur. It literally was just 5 straight days of awesomeness: snorkeling and swimming with fish (including jellyfish, eeks!) by day, and insane Jersey Shore-esque drinking marathons by night. I returned to San Joaquin, Costa Rica late Sunday afternoon, and have been detoxing ever since.
I have a plethora of stories to share, but considering several of them somehow involve very illegal things and other non-illegal but still very inappropriate things, I feel I must — for once — censor myself. I do, however, have several pictures to show off!
Accompanied by several Panamanian children we met at the border.
View of the Caribbean from our hotel pool. Gorgeous (despite the clouds).
Starfish! (In case you couldn’t tell)
These are really more of the appropriate, Mom-friendly pictures. I’ll let the next one sum up everything else…
I did manage to accomplish the following in Panama:
- Attain free beer at the border (in what manner, I will not say…LOL)
- Drunkenly jump into the Caribbean in my underwear
- Get stung by a small, innocent jellyfish (I say innocent because there did not appear to be any serious harmful effects from it)
- Barter down every vendor I performed transactions with, saving roughly $6 on the few souvenirs I purchased
- Meet a handful of people from all over the world, including Canada, UK, Germany, Cuba, and more
- Jump off the roof of a bar (Aqua Lounge = AWESOME) and into the sea (greatest accomplishment of the list, I must say)
- Snorkel with some of the most colorful fish I’d ever seen (except in Finding Nemo)
- All these, amongst others…